Today the Grange has a membership of 218 and assists in funding the Senior Citizen Club, Eagle Point Museum, the Fourth- of July festivities and food baskets for the needy at Christmas time.
It was organized in 1925 with 18 charter members. The Grange sponsored a 5-year road building program carrying with it a special levy for five mills, thirty miles of new road, mail routes along these roads, and night and day service on all telephone lines coming into Eagle Point.
In 1927 the Grange constructed the first hall, the most spacious and well-designed hall in the State of Oregon, at the cost of $7,000.00. They also assisted in the organization of four new Granges in Jackson County: Talent, Jacksonville, Central Point, and Lake Creek.
Unfortunately, Grange halls had run-ins with fire, with two halls burning down in 1929 & 1930. They had fund raising functions of all sorts and recovered, with the present hall completed in 1938, for $4,000, using lots of volunteer labor and materials.
Look at our online calendar for upcoming events and classes.